Thursday, August 23, 2007

25 Bucks

Making videos along the way has been a lot of fun. Youtube is the most common video site, but there are others that reward you for uploading or making a good movie. So I upload them to several different sites. While I was waiting for my tires to be mounted 1 of the salesmen let me borrow his computer so I could check my email. I had a message from www.flix55.com telling me that “Episode 1: Half-throttle” had won and award, and the prize was $25. I was pretty excited; it’s nice to receive complements on your work.

When I was done at the computer I went back to the clothing and accessories department to continue flirting with Bethzy the girl working behind the desk. She spoke good English and liked listening to my stories about incompetent border guards.

I walked in and told her about the prize 1 of my videos had won. “Your not going to believe what just happened.” I said with a grin. “I just won $25 for 1 of the videos I was telling you about.” Bethzy thought that was great, now my claims of being a Hollywood movie star were making sense. “Yeah, I’ve driven over 9000 miles, and somebody was thoughtful enough to give me a slap in the face prize of $25, not bad for 3 months of work.”

I had been at the dealership 4 hours waiting to pay for my new tires. There was a problem making the invoice because this brand of tires was new to the dealership. I accused Bethzy of keeping me there so long on purpose because she wanted to flirt with me. She denied having anything to do with it. I was still sarcastically ranting about how great it was to receive such a big prize. “I’m set now, maybe I’ll get a couple of those $400 BMW helmets.”

“Tell you what Bethzy, let’s me and you take that 25 bucks and burn it on the town tonight.” She readily agreed, and we made plans to meet later that evening. For dinner we had tacos, the bill for 2 of us came to $1.93. And the movie we went to see was $3.00 a ticket. By then it was late, and my plan of spending all the money had failed.

Hmm, maybe that slap in the face was more of pat on the behind.

--Ryan

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

tehe Ryan said behind

August 23, 2007 at 3:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hmmm I could think of many many other ways to blow that cash....

August 7, 2008 at 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home