Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The 6 Dollar Hotel

After being on the road for over 2 months it’s hard to keep shelling out money for hotel rooms. So staying somewhere cheap doesn’t seem like a bad idea. My place in Managua has really taken the glamour out of travel, and comes with a free case of the Heebie Jeebies.

My $6 room has 2 fluorescent lights, giving it an eerie glow. It has a fan, but no air conditioning. There is a toilet with no seat, which I use only as a last resort. There isn’t a showerhead in the shower, or a curtain to keep the water from spraying on the floor, when I use it I must be careful to not step on the cigarette butts leftover from the last guest. I can’t help but wonder if water from the sink is making my teeth dirtier as I brush them.

Staying in a place like has become normal to me. Not sure if that is good or bad, but when taking a trip that seemingly lasts forever you can’t always stay in nice hotels. So I must do what is necessary to get by.

--Ryan

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home