Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Why Not?

When I was in Iraq I spent hours staring at a large world map I had hung on my wall. I put thumbtacks in all the countries I had visited. The United States, Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Canada, United Arab Emirates, Iraq, Cambodia, Thailand, Laos, France, Italy, Switzerland, Monaco, and Germany. Now counting Panama I have set foot in 21 different countries, but it will never be enough.

Staring at that oversized map I would trace my finger down through Central and South America. Dreaming about conquering it all on a BMW R1200GS. It was the dream that kept me going during my time there. I don’t know how long it will take or how many miles I will travel, but longer and farther is better.

Whether I go North or South I will be going alone. Mitch is flying home from Costa Rica for school. So if I must go alone why not go south? If I am already in Panama why not go to Columbia? If I have already ridden across the northern hemisphere, why not do the southern?


--Ryan

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Heiderhead said...

Do it. GO for it. When else?

July 26, 2007 at 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home