Thursday, August 23, 2007

Avon Distanzia

This trip has taken me over 9000 miles so far, but I had my Distanzia’s before I left. I would guess they had about 12,000 miles on them, pretty good for a motorcycle tire. I have been through everything with those tires. They crossed 12 borders with me, and took all the potholes, ruts, mud, and road kill Central America could throw at them. Through all that I didn’t have 1 flat tire.

At the BMW dealership in Guatemala City I changed them out. Normally a person would be happy to have new tires, but I felt like I was losing an old friend. I knew I could depend on them to carry me over whatever stood in our way. The dealership didn’t carry the Distanzia so I had to get something from Continental called the “Attack”. They have a tread pattern that looks like it’s mostly for show. Hopefully I have the same good luck with these tires as I did with the old ones.

Now that I have my new tire’s I plan to get out of Guatemala as fast as I can. I know it’s beautiful here, and the people are great, but I just don’t have good luck in Guatemala. And my drama with the border guards may not be over. I still need to make it to the border without being stopped by the police, and get through the Guatemalan side without any papers on the motorcycle.

--Ryan

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

glad that you got new tires!

August 7, 2008 at 7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home