Sunday, June 24, 2007

Hostel

Hostel

We stayed in a hostel for the first time on the trip. It reminded me how much I hate them. Mitch and I got a room with a bunk bed. I always get the bunk on top, a habit since Basic Training. When you are on the bottom people are always sitting on your bunk, or standing on it to grab something off theirs. I have enough reasons to kill Mitch, last thing I need is for him to start screwing around with my bed.

The hostel did have an air conditioner, but they didn’t turn it on. There was a ceiling fan but it was blowing air on the partition they had built to divide the place into rooms. So I lay there listening to the fan in a pool of my own sweat. Smelling the hippies in the next room.

I have been chased out of hostels by the smell alone. I want to shout “Hey! This place does have showers. They even give you the soap.” But it’s no use; hostels are full of hippies. I always see them lying in their beds, all day long. Why did they come all this way to just lay there? Go check out Mexico!

I don’t mind helping people in need. So now I will go put a clothespin on my nose, borrow a giant wooden pizza spatula, and turn sleeping hippies over. I would hate for any of them to get a bed sore.

--Ryan

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Heiderhead said...

Because I am shallow and base my self worth on how much others think of me I make decisions based upon how jealous my friends will be if I take said trip, by said clothing etc. So, for what it's worth, I am so jealous of you both and your capacity to embrace the opportunities life offers. Even if they currently reek like a hippie.
Eat some tacos de lengua for me muchachos!

June 25, 2007 at 2:51 PM  
Blogger gabe_blues said...

Dude-- Isimply do not want to hear it. Maybe you have to deal with hippies and their stench, but i constantly have to deal with the upperclass twits of the year. The other day, I had the honor to have one of them look down their nose at me to show me their american express card with a $100,000 limit before he walked out the door without purchasing anything. Hippies are great!! besides being down there before you decided to disturb their natural habitat(remember YOU are the outsider) they are biodegradeable and not even their mothers will miss them if you happen to snap and wrap a tire around their head. I am not saying you are about to snap, I am just sayin'...Anyway, complaining about their stench is like complaing about how often the train passes by the window, "So often you won't even notice."

July 3, 2007 at 4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home